What's in My Pump Bag?

I'm coming to a close on my breastfeeding and pumping journey. Our sweet girl is going to be one year old next month and slowly but surely she is weaning and my supply is dwindling. Before I my breastfeeding journey with our first baby though, I want to give you guys a peek into my pump bag. Being a part-time working mama means I need to pump on the days I work to provide milk for our babe. In the beginning, I also pumped on days I didn't work to get some extra milk for our stash and because I was dealing with some oversupply but now I only need to pump on days I work. I am so thankful to work in a place that provides me my own private room to pump in and are more than accommodating for plenty of time to pump.



First let me say, do yourself a favor and get a Sarah Wells pump bag. When I first returned to work I had put together a bag for all my pump stuff but it really only held my pump and some milk bags, nothing else fit. For four months I ended up carrying this bag, a lunch bag, a cooler for my produced milk, and my purse. Oh and I also carried the diaper bag and our baby out the door in the morning on our way to day care. In December, I used my Christmas money to buy myself a Sarah Wells pump bag. Buying this bag was the best decision ever. I went from carrying 4 bags to work every day to 1. The bag includes a spot for the pump, a cooler built right into the bag, plenty of room for pumping accessories, my wallet, phone, lunch and other things I kept in my purse. I would highly recommend every pumping mom to invest in a Sarah Wells bag.

What's In My Pump Bag?


1 | Pumparoo // Another Sarah Wells favorite. This bag is a wet/dry bag designed for your flanges, bottles, and all your accessories. It also includes a staging area where you can put all your parts before you start pumping. This works great if you aren't sure how clean the surface you are using is. Everything can be stored in the wet part of the bag and kept in the fridge in between pumps. My favorite prints are the floral and greige.

2 | Water bottle // Staying hydrated is so important!

3 | Hands-free bra // I love to read or watch Netflix or text my husband while I text. It tends to be my only time alone during the day so it's nice to just relax for a several minutes. This bra allows you to use both hands while you pump making it basically possible to do anything while pumping.

4 | Lil'buds // I posted about these breast comfort packs in my Breastfeeding Essentials post while back, but these are also essential for pumping. I pop these in the microwave for a few seconds when I go to the fridge to get my pump parts and stick them in the hands-free bra while I pump. They are great to get milk flowing and have helped with so many clogged ducts I've felt starting. I have ones with lavender in them which helps with relaxing as well. She just came out with some adorable new prints so go check them out!

5 | Milk bags // To save on space, I put all my milk in milk bags. Running out of milk bags would not be a good thing so I like to make sure I have way more than I need. I've tried a few different brands and Lansinoh is the way to go. I've never had any problems with spilled or spoiled milk with them!

6 | Sharpie // The best marker I have found for writing on milk bags. Easy to use and read and it does not smear.

7 | Pump // Obviously my pump is in my bag! I love my Spectra pump. You can read all about the pumps I have tried here. It is still my most popular post to date!

8 | Accessories // Flanges, tubing, backflow protectors, 2 bottles, and valves which are all necessary parts to make a pump work.

9 | Ice packs // Not pictured, but I carry a couple ice packs in the cooler region of my pump bag for toting milk home after work.

10 | Snack // Also, not pictured but I always bring a snack along with me and I always keep a snack bar or two in my pump bag for a rainy day when I'm more hungry than usual. Much like staying plenty hydrated it is important to nourish yourself so you can nourish your baby!

Is there anything I forgot? What are your must haves in your pump bag?

Kayty

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!